Rest will not find me, for it is lost among a sea of raging thoughts.
And I, I am swimming
And I, I am searching
With no rest to be found.
The water is ice cold and I am submerged, yet I can still feel my body.
Bitterly cold and alone in my thoughts with only the haunting of memories floating around.
Like the pieces of a shipwreck, my thoughts flow deep, deep within me.
Deep within this cold water I hold my breath and I swim down deep
Into the darkness
Into the past
This water is so cold, but I still feel alive!
Into the darkness the current is strong, and it takes me away.
The waves are crashing, as the water carries me to land.
And I am smashed into the sand, utterly shredded to pieces by the power of these thoughts.
As the water gives me no rest, I catch my breath, and it seems I cannot escape this ocean of restlessness.
I cannot move and I sink into the sand.
These thoughts coming and going, like the waves, this water holds me here.
In this place, I am beaten by the power of these thoughts and some of me is broken off, carried back into the deep.
A constant reminder of the young love,
Lost at sea.
Omgoodness I frickin love this! Gave me goosebumps!
ReplyDelete