Monday, February 6, 2012

Restless Swimming

Swimming

You make it look so easy.
In a raging sea of emotions
But this water is unforgiving.
Relentless pounding by these waves, in this deep dark ocean
Where no rest is to be found.
It's so easy just to let go and it's so easy for you to just say, no
You know you need to be strong
And I am having trouble holding on
And you drag me along for a short time
But it's so easy for you
When all you can do is just leave

You let go

You swim away, oh you find it so easy to swim away
And leave me here shivering from the ice,
Completely surrounded by these great waves.
Tired and alone
Swimming out here in a daze
An ice cold sea, overpowering me
Testing my strength
Making it hard to breathe

You let go and you are far far away

These waves as if emotions were great oceans
You left me to be carried away
Taken away by these waves,
Why couldn't you hold on?
We were both swimming along
And it was just so easy for you
To just be gone.

I can't find you, you left me.

And it's so easy, you make it so easy
To do this on my own.
What other choice do I have?
You've left me all alone.
These emotions, these waves keep coming,
Trying to drown me in my sorrow and weakness
But I know I am strong.
And I will keep swimming on....





1 comment:

  1. Love how different our techniques are, yet the amount of emotions provoked come thru just as clear. I could only guess/imagine each experience and person that was ur Muse for each entry... I dig 'em all. Keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete